Monday, November 17, 2008

Getting ready for the season!

We have been extremely busy this past week. Jason has been working and I've been studying. I leave Tuesday for Wiesbaden. I learned from my last trip that it's easier to stay the whole week up there then drive back and forth. Unfortunately, because I am not on orders, I have to play it day by day. But I was able to reserve the weekend no problem. Please pray that they aren't over-booked and I can stay the whole week.

We have started cleaning up the house so we can start decorating for Christmas. Jason is getting anxious to put the tree up and has even offered to shampoo the carpets to help get the house ready. Personally, I really can't imagine having the tree up before Thanksgiving, but it's not too far away, so it will be fine.

We have been invited to attend our friend's Thanksgiving Meal. This is perfect for us. With Jason on mids and me in school I was dreading all the cooking, but now we can both sit back and enjoy.

We are wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and hope you have many things to be thankful for!

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Aren't our husbands amazing?? Craig also volunteered to shampoo our carpets for me this fall! It's SO super fun to get into the season...even more so watching my little girls oooh and aaahhh at everything! :) We also normally put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving...however with our baby due...ANY day now, I wasn't sure of my energy level afterwards. So we have all our Christmas things up already! It is so great! I may do this every year! (we'll see) I would take him up on his offer...make some yummy cookies...and have a GREAT before-Christmas party with you and Jason!! How fun!
I hope your trip is fun and you have an easy time getting your reservations! I look forward to reading about it!!!

Rebecca said...

I'm with Jason....super excited for the Christmas tree. Blake brought up my decorations last night and I am super excited to decorate my tree!!! I hope you have a fabulous trip!