Jennifer and Michaele's trip was non-stop laughter. This country is even more beautiful with all the lights and decorations. We went to Trier, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Worms and Belgium. Trier really has the better Christmas Market, but I think Rothenburg's is the oldest. If my memory is correct is has been going on every year since the middle ages. All the churches smelled wonderful with the fresh trees and greenery inside. It was truly a sight to behold.
A life-size pyramid whose base is a store (Trier)
The girls outside Kathe Wohlfarht's (Rothenburg)
We also we to Bruge, Belgium via train. It took us 6 hours to get there and 6 hours back, all to spend 4 hours at the Ice and Snow Festival. This year's theme was inspired by Harry Potter. There were wizards and dragons. I am amazed at how talented these artists really are. 40 artists sculpted the event on ice brought in from Iceland.
I was sad to see them go, but I am glad they had a great time.




No comments:
Post a Comment