As you know, I was able to attend the World's Largest Book Trade Fair on Sunday in Frankfurt. I now have a little more information about the event. Originally, the Fair was held in Leipzig, but when Germany split it was moved to Frankfurt. There are over 900 vendors that attended this event each year. The doors are only open to the public on the last day and the expected 40,000 people on Sunday. Some of the vendors were willing to sell their books at half-price so they don't have to pack them up and take them back. I only bought one book. It is a book on prophets and the guy sold it to me for 20 euros. It normally sells for 40. It's a nice coffee table book and I look forward to reading it when I have some downtime. Luckily it was in English. There was one book I really wanted to buy about the Google Empire, but it was only published in German.
Here are some pictures of the event:
The class poses outside the entrance
A vendor demonstrates an old fashion system of printing books

Art that looks like a book

People dressed up as their favorite Anime characters for the Comic book exhibit







No comments:
Post a Comment